Free and online from March 18-26
The American Migraine Foundation is excited to partner with the 2020 Migraine World Summit (MWS), the largest global patient event dedicated to migraine and headache disorders.
MWS is a free online event intended to reduce the global burden of migraine through education and fundraising. Over its four years of existence, MWS has united more than 100,000 people from 158 countries. It has also donated more than $20,000 to migraine-specific charities, groups and foundations to date. By giving unprecedented access to the world’s migraine experts, the Summit offers people with migraine trustworthy insights to discuss with their health care provider.
The 2020 Summit will include 32 experts from leading hospitals, universities, headache clinics and institutions from all over the world. The topics range from migraine triggers to alternative treatments like supplements and mindfulness-based stress reduction. Signing up for MWS provides you with free access to the event itself, with transcripts and videos from the event available for purchase following its conclusion.
Questions answered at the 2020 Migraine World Summit include:
- How does migraine affect memory and cognitive abilities over time?
- What is the best diet for migraine?
- How can chronic migraine be managed?
- What is the relationship between migraine and autoimmune or inflammatory diseases?
- What new treatments are available or coming soon?
- What new non-medicinal alternatives are now available?
- What advice do experienced patient advocates have to share?
- How did someone win Olympic Gold while battling migraine?
- Is migraine a genetic disorder?
The American Migraine Foundation believes that access to information is crucial for patients to get the best care and advocate for themselves. We are proud to support educational initiatives like MWS and encourage you to register for this year’s event.